The long wait..
It must be long time back
when she held it close
for it was a part of her
too dear to lose
Anxious, he stood
at the other end of the room
Look, he cried
it resembles her
Clutching it like a prize
he jumped for joy
they'd told him that it was none
but the chosen one
The man that he was
his happiness knew no bound
for he had braved storms
hunger and madness
to stand tall, holding his breast high
to announce to the world
that the day had come
when their long awaited child had arrived

9 Comments:
literally neat ! :)
whose baby btw ?
theirs (his and hers)..
Very very Poignant...You made every word count...:)
@manasi: Thanks dear :)
like your comment "His and hers".. indeed.. :)
Cute, sweet, simple, and touching in a way!
@Unstable atom: Thanks!
@Shrutika: Hey, thanks for stopping by.
I didn't know you do poetry too! Great choice of subject and words.. beauty is in simplicity! Godgiri, I must say :)
Thanks, Czuee. I don't, they are just occasional ramblings :P.
Post a Comment
<< Home