Time travel
After long, I just decided yesterday that I had to walk. Walk all alone. Long, quite long. It is something that I hadn't done for long. It's usually a jog, where I focus more on just running and watching things around me like the dog that barks from a distance and then just whimpers when approached, the metro train that whizzes by, the chai-wala who smirks each time he sees me (I think I know what amuses him so much), then there are those people who change everyday - who disrupt the monotone and disappear under the layers of time. A recovering sprained ankle was the inspiration behind the walk because it just refused to let me do anything more. I decided to make the best of it.
The thing I like a lot about Delhi is the free space it offers, and the fact that a good bit of it comprises of spacious green sidewalks, where it is unlikely that you would bump in to someone each time you sway into your thoughts.
It was good to be alone, to think of what mattered and what didn't, without the usual channeling and refining that one does when speaking to others. I was talking to myself, quite loud at times, sometimes intense and sometimes it was just smiles. I think people walking beside me, could hear me, but I couldn't care less. I thought of past, of people who are etched in my consciousness, of family, about life, future, dreams, food, things to do, places to see, people to meet and most of all about things that make me feel happier and more content about my existence.
Being around with a big bunch of really good people for a good part of my life, I was led to believe that thats how I liked it to be, to be among a lot of people, that I derived my energies from the people and the crowds. Lately, the beliefs have changed. I have come to accept that a good part of me really seeks some time for itself and that occasional bouts of solitude really help me to define myself better to nobody other but to my very own self.

3 Comments:
:) Time Travel!? was it? really ?
or was it travelling with yourself !? :)
It is worth the time.. and effort.. At least it makes me happier than the booze parties(which u know I totally love ! :D :) ).. :D :) and random 'defined' fun !
and other thing i wanna tell u today is.... I wish I could ever write only 50% as good as you ! :) I envy your command over narration! :)
Now you know why I am always right! :)
hmmm...such walks are quite educational :)
The quiet in the not-so-quiet surrounding always helps because for once your focus is your own self :)
Post a Comment
<< Home